At times you want maximum flavour for minimum effort and this easy cheat beef curry is one of those recipes. I though I would make life easy cooking this curry by using a ready made curry sauce (Kohinoor sauces) and then just pimp it up a little. Inspired by a pack of reduced shin of beef I knew I wanted something slow cooked but not the usual.
Then I decided that I would use the ready made packet sauce, a Kohinoor curry,I know the packet says its for a different meat, but, meat is meat and beef is meat. It is so quick and easy to make with minimum effort and full proof. The reason you want beef is because of the long cooking time, the fat will render out and keep the beef moist. If you used any lean cuts of beef the meat dry out and become very difficult to chew and digest.
Curry For One
Ok so this recipe makes enough for 4 people so I froze the other 3 portions. They rarely make Kohinoor curry sauces to make meals for one so you just have to adapt. The perfect accompaniment to this lazy beef curry is either plain rice or garlic and coriander naan bread.
No Effort Easy Beef Curry
- 500 g Diced shin of beef
- 1 Packet Kohinoor Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 tbsp Curry powder I used korma, but if you like it hotter add your favourite curry powder
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic paste from a jar
- 1 medium chopped onion
- Add some oil to the pan and heat
- Next when the pan and oil are hot add the chopped onions, curry powder and garlic paste. Sweat the onions until nearly translucent1 tbsp Curry powder, 1 medium chopped onion, 1 tbsp Minced garlic paste
- The next step is to add the shin of beef and brown500 g Diced shin of beef
- Once the beef is brown add the Kohinoor Butter Sauce1 Packet Kohinoor Butter Chicken Sauce
- Allow to cook on the hob with the lid on for 2 hours 30
- Remove the lid and allow the sauce to thicken
Beef is such a versatile ingredient and a star in many dishes, you just need to ensure you get the right cook for the right recipe.
Sides To Go With The Kohinoor sauces
Another great easy dish using this cut of beef is my Shin of beef and Kidney recipe & pickled onions.