Cheats Keema Rice
I confess I do not like my curry dishes to hot with chilli as it make my eyes water and my head perspire. No its not funny and I haven’t much hair on top so it makes for a little shimmering water fountain which trust me is not attractive when your eating out with friends. Strangely though the spice I use to make my cheats keema rice has little effect on me. The chilli loving friends however find it hot so it becomes my turn to giggle inwards at their flushed faces and hurried beer drinking to quench the heat.
After looking at a few keema rice recipes I was a little overwhelmed as to some of the lengths they go to to get this quick easy dish to the table. I conjured up this cheats keema rice recipe at the 11th hour when friends decided on a surprise visit one weekend so I had to make things stretch a little further and use what I had in the kitchen cupboards. All it takes is 3 ingredients and less than 10 minutes actual cooking time. You can add extra ingredients if you so do desire to bulk out the meat.
Cheats Keema RicePrint This
- 1 Packet of Microwave rice (plain)
- 2 tsp of Cayene pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 200g mince meat
- 1 onion (optional)
- salt & pepper
Add the mince and spice fry until the meat is browned off
Meanwhile microwave the rice as per packet instructions
Once the rice is cooked pour out into a bowl and separate the grains with a fork
Add rice to browned mince ensuring every grain is covered with the flavoured oil
Serve as a side dish
You can prepare the rice earlier in the day and once it has cooled then it will be easier to fluff the rice For another flavour and a vibrant colour add frozen peas
If I make to much of the cheats keema mince then it can be used to enhance any other part of your Indian feast. Some great ways to use up the mince meat is to make your own naan bread and stuff the cold meat inside before cooking the naan. You could also add some wilted spinach (or Peas, small diced cooked potatoes) to the mixture and then wrap in filo triangles for tasty easy starters. Instructions below
Cheats Keema Rice Samosas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Taking one sheet of filo pastry at a time (keeping the other sheet covered to prevent it from drying out), cut it widthways into 6 strips, each 30 cm (12 in) long. Brush them with a little of the oil.
- Lay one of the pastry strips lengthways in front of you and put a rounded tbsp of the filling in the middle of the end nearest to you. Pick up one end corner and fold it diagonally over the filling to make a triangular shape, flattening the filling slightly. Continue folding the strip over in a triangular shape until you come almost to the end. Trim off excess pastry from the end. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry and filling to make 12 triangles in all.
- Place the filo triangles on a non-stick baking sheet, brush the tops with the remaining oil and scatter over the crushed coriander seeds. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until golden.
Cheats Keema Rice
The added benefit of this recipe is the superfood qualities of the spices, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
Cayenne pepper consumption dilates the blood vessels and speeds the metabolism due to the high amounts of capsaicin. With the consumption of cayenne peppers, the amount of heat the human body puts off is influenced. In animal studies, capsaicin has the ability to boost metabolism, which in turn causes weight loss. This increases circulation and blood flow to all major organs, facilitating oxygen and nutrient delivery. Capsaicin may support a healthy energy balance while suppressing appetite. Capsaicin has been shown to increase energy expenditure, so acts as a metabolism booster and is beneficial in long-term weight loss. A correlation has been shown between substrate oxidation and capsaicin. Capsaicin treatment sustained fat oxidation during weight maintenance, but did not affect weight regain after modest weight loss.[ Wiki
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Check on Amazon