Carrot and Coriander Soup
Its heart warming satisfying and especially good in the cold dark winter days. I only decided to make Carrot and Coriander Soup as I was walking around the supermarket as I grabbed a bag of the Wonky Veg variety, carrots to be precise, 37p for a kilo, what a bargain and then I stumbled across a packet of reduced fresh coriander (10p) so for that money if I made a bad Carrot and Coriander Soup it wasn’t going to cost me the earth.
The great thing about Carrot and Coriander Soup is that you make as much as the ingredients allow and then freeze the rest .
It was so easy I just don’t know why I haven took the time to do it before.
Carrot and Coriander SoupPrint This
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 450g/1lb carrots, sliced
- 1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil and add some of the coriander
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- hand blend or in a blender until smooth.
- Either serve straight away or Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the fresh coriander and serve
I separated into individual portion sizes and then stuck in the freezer, if you don't have any fresh coriander substitute with ground coriander but cook it with the onions and carrots at the beginning
You might also like this PARSLEY APPLE AND SMOKED PAPRIKA SOUP